EPIC for Pre-Requisites For Mothballing and Decommissioning of NGL-2 Plant, Mesaieed, Qatar
The project scope addresses detailed design and engineering services for the major modification works, required for the Mothballing and/or Decommissioning of NGL-2 Plant subsequently. Following pre-requisites for Mothballing and Decommissioning of NGL-2 Plant are implemented as part of the Project:
- Slug Handling and Processing
Diversion of the OFFRAG to the three existing relatively high capacity off-spec product drums that were installed with the Flare Mitigation Project recently in the common area of NGL-1 and 2.
- Hot Oil System
Supply of hot oil to the existing desalination plants from NGL-1 hot oil system after decommissioning of NGL-2.
- Boil Off Recovery System
Relocation of two of the existing butane condenser systems (originally installed to condense propane vapor) to propane refrigerant compressor area (area 25).
- Medium pressure Lean gas supply to flare mitigation vessels (V- 1683A/B/C)
Tap lean gas from outside battery limit of NGL-3 plant for uninterrupted supply of medium pressure lean gas to flare mitigation vessels to facilitate smooth product transfer to downstream processing units.
- Rerouting of the existing butane return line from QCHEM from NGL-2 to NGL-1 for further processing.
- Diversion of the existing pentane return line from QAFAC to NGL slug catcher surge drum.
- Isolation of NGL-2 flare system from common NGL-1 and 2 flare system.
- LPG quantity in QAPCO return line is expected to be increased after decommissioning of NGL-2. Adequacy of instrumentation items, such as flow element, flow transmitters, densitometer, restriction orifice and pressure control valve, in the LPG return line from QAPCO to be checked.