Review of the design of the Facility to verify compliance of the EPC Contractor’s Facility design with the Proposed Basic Design of the Facility. The review was based on checking for compliance with the Basic Design. Commissioning schedule & procedures
- An examination of the EPC Contractor’s quality control procedures including inspection arrangements;
- A review of the interfaces between the Facility and all external connections; and
A report to KAHRAMAA and the QEWC immediately upon finding that any element of the design of the Facility is not in compliance with the requirements, including in this report an identification of available remedies and effect on the Construction Programme due to such non- compliance.
The Assessor was responsible to carry out his duties for the Construction Activities of the Facility, by means of inspection and monitoring associated with the design, manufacture, fabrication, construction, commissioning, operability, reliability and maintainability of the Facility:
- Review and provide opinion on the technical aspects of the WPA (including technical appendices) and the EPC Contract (including technical appendices) and verify that the EPC Contract is consistent with the requirements of the WPA, including the Bid.
- Review of the construction programme;
- Monitor the project implementation schedule;
- Review and provide comments to the Parties with respect to any interface issues between the Facility and the Grid Systems;
- Preparation and issue to the Parties of a monthly progress report with respect to those activities in which the Assessor has been involved, including schedule monitoring;
- Monitor the Construction progress by regular visits as instructed jointly by KAHRAMAA and the Company.;
- Develop and implement an integrated plan for monitoring, inspecting and witnessing testing of the contract works;
- Develop and implement procedures and documentation to manage, record and communicate the Assessor’s inspection, expediting and witnessing activities;
- Inspect at suppliers’ works for assurance of quality and expediting of major plant components and equipment as authorized by the Company;
- Carry out major equipment inspection and factory test results; and
Testing and Commissioning Phase:
- Review and approve procedures for the commissioning and for main equipment including the Energising Tests and Load Tests, Performance Tests, Reliability Tests and Acceptance Tests.
- Witness on energizing tests, load tests, Performance Tests, Reliability Tests and Acceptance Tests, and approving commissioning test results for main equipment.
- Witness on the installation and testing of the settlement system and Fuel Demand Model.
- Review and provide comments/approval to the Company and KAHRAMAA with respect to the EPC Contract Performance, Reliability and Acceptance Test results;
- Assist the Company and KAHRAMAA in responding to any documentary or questions regarding the test results.