Engineering Consultancy Services for Extension of 220/33kV Grid Station in Ruwais, Abu Dhabi
Energoprojekt Entel was awarded with the above mentioned project by Abu Dhabi Transmission and Dispatch company (TRANSCO) to perform the As-built and site surveys, investigations, preliminary / base design, detailed design and final design reports required for tender preparation, tendering, tender evaluation, award, managing contractor and review of Contractor submittals during construction, construction & warranty period supervision for the Extension of 220/33kV Grid Station in Ruwais.
The above expansion project must be performed under the consideration that the existing system shall remain in full operation in course of the planned extensions of the system transport capacity.
The EPC Scope of Work covers:
- Supply and Installation of one (1) 220/33kV, 140MVA transformer, conversion of the partially equipped 220kV GIS bay to a fully equipped transformer bays, new 33kV Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS) and associated civil building and three (3) 33kV NGR (1ohm) works at Ruwais 220/33kV Grid Station
- The related integration works required to complete the job
- 220kV Double Busbar Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS)-Conversion of one (1) partially equipped 220kV GIS bay into a fully equipped transformer bay.
- Transformers and Reactors- One (1) 140MVA, 220/33kV transformer (identical to existing transformers) - Three (3) 33kV, 1ohm Neutral Grounding Reactors (NGR) works on 220/33kV, 140MVA transformers (one on the new transformer and two for the existing two transformers)
- 33kV Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS) - Switchgear configuration & total no of outgoing bays as per ADDC requirements (14 outgoing bays + 2 futures + incomer + interconnection between the existing and the new 33kV switchgear).
- 33 kV Civil Work- New 33kV building to house the New 33kV Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS) as required by ADDC.
- Other Works- Power and control cables, control, protection, interface with LDC, communication works, civil works, air-conditioning, firefighting works and any other works required to complete the job.
The overall duration of the project is 47 months.