EPIC for Upgrade of Fire Water Ring Main Systems at KM, FM, Jaleha and Diyab-Dukhan, Qatar
The project scope includes detailed design and engineering services for upgrading of existing fire water systems at KMDS, FMDS and JDS, to achieve systems with high availability, to control and mitigate consequences of potentially major fires that may occur during lifetime of these facilities.
The objectives of the project are:
- To upgrade the existing fire water systems at KM, FM and Jaleha Degassing Stations, to achieve systems with high availability, to control and mitigate consequences of potentially major fires that may occur during lifetime of these FACILITIES.
- To achieve the above, the adequate pumping flow and pressure is available at all times at each consumption point for satisfactory operation of the redesigned FWS and ancillary Fire Fighting system i.e., Fire Hydrants, Fire monitors, and deluge system as per QP corporate philosophy, NFPA and other international code requirements.
- To provide the required Water Hydrants in Diyab Manifold.
The scope of the project includes:
- Modifications on fire water system piping;
- Automatic deluge systems for Three Phase Separators and Gas gathering Compressors
- Flame detectors to activate deluge systems.
- Addition of four way fire hydrants and fire monitors
- Modifications on existing Fire & Gas system and Fire Water Panel.
- Aforementioned modifications were implemented at all three locations.
- In addition, new fire water tank was designed and erected at FMDS (net volume of 3600m3).
- Fire water hydrants were installed at Diyab Manifold.